2021 Election Season is underway! LWVBC Voter Service Needs you!
Mandy Nuku | Published on 7/30/2021
Would you like to help fulfill our mission of educating and empowering voters? We are looking to fill two positions--Voter Registration Drive Coordinator and Ballot Issue Coordinator for the 2021 Election Season (and beyond if interested!). And we need moderators for candidate forums. Review the descriptions of each position below and contact LWVBC Operations Director, Mandy Nuku (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or to express your interest in one of the roles.
2021 Candidate Forums have been scheduled for City Council Electionsand BVSD School Board. Would you like to help moderate these virtual forums? Training will be provided in September. If you are interested contact Mandy at email@example.com
Voter Registration Drive (VRD) Coordinator
This is an unpaid, volunteer position requiring a time commitment of 2 to 4 hrs. per week, depending on the time of year. The VRD Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating VRD Training, scheduling VRDs throughout Boulder County in 2021, posting upcoming VRDs for trained volunteer participation, and working with VRD Volunteers. The ability to remain non-partisan in public communications is essential. The VRD Coordinator must be a LWVBC member, have VRD experience and the ability to organize, train and lead a team of volunteers. The VRD Coordinator will work closely with the LWVBC Operations Director. The successful candidate must have excellent organizational and communication skills and a passion for registering and educating voters. Training for this position will be provided. Letters expressing interest in the position and detailing relevant experience should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 11.
Ballot Issue Coordinator
- Orders State ballot issue pamphlets from LWVCO, coordinates use of sponsor logos, and arranges for distribution in County
- Coordinates: research, writing and editing of local ballot issue pamphlets; formatting of pamphlets for printing; printing; and distribution in the County
- Arranges with Treasurer for expense reimbursement from LWVCO if appropriate
- Identifies/recruits LWVBC members to speak at various community meetings about state or local ballot issues (usually the pamphlet researchers)
- Maintains a calendar of speakers’ events so that conflicts are avoided and that no one particular speaker is over-worked. The assigned speaker is responsible for all future communication with the assigned group
- Confirms the speakers are supplied with an adequate number of ballot issue pamphlets and other supplies for each presentation