Skip to main content
Password Assistance
League of Women Voters of Boulder County
Empowering Voters. Defending Democracy
Serving the People of Boulder County, Colorado

News / Articles

LWVBC Financial Facts

Ruth Stemler | Published on 7/30/2021

Would you like to know how we spend our money to Make Democracy Work for All? This article will give you a brief rundown. 

Our 2021 – 22 expense budget for LWVBC is approximately $73,000. 

   •   $12,000: dues we must pay to the national and state League offices
   •   $5,000:  delegate expenses to the state and national LWV conferences
   •   $5,500 education initiatives: events/meetings, Issue Teams, VOTE411, Voter Service
   •   $6,500 community engagement: affiliate organizations, diverse and youth engagement, translation and interpretation services, public relations and strategic planning 
   •   $5,000 operating costs:  newsletter, website, Zoom, bank charges, insurance, fees, licenses and taxes, post office, supplies, and telephone
   •   $39,000 organizational expense: compensation and taxes for part-time staff, fund raising, training, and other miscellaneous board expenses 

As a member your dues are $80 per year. We are required to send $32. to the national office; $20. to the State office and we get to keep $28. per year for our work in Boulder County. At our current membership enrollment this raises about $7,000 per year to cover ~10% of our budget.  We need to raise the other 90%! The Board of Directors is always working to offer our members and community the best possible services while keeping costs down. 

In future articles we will be suggesting ways that you can get involved, learn and practice fundraising skills and donate throughout the year. Thank you for you continued support and generosity!

To donate, click here
For more budget details click here

The LWVBC Fund Development Team, 
Ruth, Anne, Peggy, Judy, Elizabeth, Mandy, Pat and Dave

Photo by Konstantin Evdokimov on Unsplash