Andrea Wilkins, Kathy Wilson, and Maud Naroll are setting up trainings for Advocacy. Registration will be on the LWVCO website. Here is the information from Andrea Wilkins:
As the session gets closer and the interim activity is in full swing, we want to share some information with you. First, please save the dates for the LWVCO Advocacy Trainings and the start date for the first LAC meeting, which will continue on a bi-weekly basis throughout the session.
Advocacy trainings: Nov. 11, Dec. 9 and Jan. 6, 9:00 - 10:00 am
Start of LAC Meetings: Friday Jan. 13, 9:00 - 11:00 am
In addition, you can find some links below to the access the interim committees and the audio for the Legislative Council Committee which will be meeting on Oct. 14 to discuss legislation recommended by the interim committees. Finally, as the LWVCO task forces continue to get their work underway, we anticipate more coordination between them and the LAC so we are including some points about how task forces differ from the LAC.
Please let me, Kathy or Maud know if you have any questions and we look forward to working with you all again this session!
- Legislative session is coming! Starts in January, with many new bills introduced. You can get a head start in watching bills.
- Interim legislative committees have been meeting, many already posting possible legislation. Scroll down to Interim in the committees page, click on committees that interest you, and look for a legislation button.
- Interim committees can introduce only a limited number of bills. The Legislative Council will meet Oct 14, 9 am to decide which bills will get introduced, and audio will be available at the time.
- Remember, Task Force members are not lobbyists for the League of Women Voters and are not authorized to lobby on behalf of the League (except for Legislative Action Committee members, with LAC approval)
- But, Task Force members can comment on legislation as individuals.
- If a Task Force collectively wants to support or oppose a bill, the Task Force's liaison(s) to the LAC will take that request to the LAC for a vote.